Digital Monetization System – A way of generating new revenue streams for the operator using a one way or return path broadcast network.
Why It Was Created:
- Emerging markets have a need to switch over to Digital
- 90% of today’s analogue viewers in emerging markets cannot afford the monthly cost of Pay TV
- The high end Pay TV market has been taken by major operators
- Operators need a new way of monetizing Digital TV in order to cover the majority of the population in emerging markets
- DMS allows operators to generate new services and revenue from new advertising windows
- DMS brings Digital TV for the masses and profitability to the operator.